Photobucket

May 8, 2013

Real Tea with Great Grandma!

The girls (and me) were lucky enough to help Great Grandma with her Women's Club Tea Party a couple weeks ago.  My Gma is 86 (about to be 87) and is the President of the Rockport Women's Club. She is still going strong and does everything but the internet! 

Many years ago, when I was about 10, my cousin and I helped her serve a party for my great grandmother 's 90th birthday. I wore one of the aprons and hats that the girls have on in the pic below. When my grandmother chose to do a Tea Party for her monthly Women's Club meeting, she asked if I could sew another one so the girls could wear them and help serve. She lined us out with what to wear and of course she had the hats, stone martins (the furry things around our necks), gloves, purses, jewels, etc as if we were attending a tea party in the 60's.  The girls were estatic about getting to go to a REAL tea party. You know they have one just about every hour at Gma's house when we are in Rockport. 

Here we are all dolled up! 
Me, Clare left, Adde right, Great Grandma and Anna








Her gorgeous sterling tea set!




I also should mention the girls red dresses were hand smocked by Gams! Lucky little girls!






Getting ready to serve! When I asked my Gma to pick the original hat and apron, she picked incorrectly. Hmm...I must have done a bang up job on duplicating it!



All the ladies just loved them...and they loved all the little ladies!



Grandma giving her program.





Enjoying a little apple juice and scones. 



Off to serve some sweets!





Oh don't touch the food girls! Shhh...they will never know. Hopefully they didn't take a bite and put back on the tray.



They literally almost finished all the food on the table by continually passing it around. Those ladies were stuffed but couldn't help from taking what the girls offered. 




Fun memories! The girls had a ball and always love their little tea parties with gma! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails