Photobucket

October 12, 2012

GO PIONEERS!

Oh this brought back memories of my dorky frizzy hair self cheering away many many years ago. The girls had an opportunity to cheer at their schools football game and it makes me emotional just thinking about it again while typing this post. I was on those sidelines cheering my heart out 22 years ago. When I say cheering my heart out I mean it...we cheered those little football players on and on and on and I'm sad to admit that in the 3 years that I was a cheerleader, we only won one, yes one, game. But I can remember that one game like it was yesterday and I know it would all be a blur if we would have been undefeated ;). 

So here they are lining up to go.



And then here is Clare having a meltdown because she wanted a snack. Totally out of the blue and no one else around had a snack...and I didn't have one, so she melted. Look at my gigantic kid compared to the other little muffins.



The girls with Cousin Kiara. The girls love seeing their cousins at school!



Slowly getting into it. Give me a "G". Give me a "O". Go Pioneers!



and little more handwork.



oh and a lot more armwork.




Oh and then some hip shaking. So funny story...when I was a cheerleader (yes I'm talking about me again) we had a brainy idea to have our name monogrammed on our bloomers and then perform the cheer "Oh you can't take our gusto, and you can't take our pride cause the mighty Pioneers are leaving you behind." On the leaving you behind party, we would turn around, put our rears in the air and flip up our skirts to show our name. Unfortunately we only got to do this once as our Priest was watching the pep rally and said 'no no no girls, you can't do that at a Catholic School.' So now they do a cheer that ends with "Let's put some BOOM in it" and the girls shake our their hip. It's a little risky but then again their not showing their rears.  



Oh and there's Lil Man. This pic was after I found him from forgetting that he was even with me at the game. Man I've always been in denial, but I guess I truly am a little blonde and forgetful. Or maybe it's my 3 kids? I waiting in line to pay to get into the game and he was wondering around (with no cars or harm around might I add) and I simply paid my money and then took the girls over to their cheerleader group and BAM. I realized he was MIA and I had totally forgot he was even with me. Luckily he had already found a new mama and was happy as can be. Granted it was only about 30 seconds but seemed like a lifetime when I read that mamas lips saying "Does anyone know who this sweet boy belongs to?" I walked up to her and said "actually Yes I do and I'll take him to her". Smooth wasn't it?



Attempt 84 at getting a pic of all 3. 



Attempt 96.



The Pioneers Won the game and have definitely improved their skills and tactics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails