Photobucket

December 7, 2011

Breakfast with Santa

So I still don't have my Christmas Tree up...much less the boxes down from the attic. We started the Christmas lights on the outside of the house and yes, we are those people with the ladder and string still hanging off the front porch with only half the house lit. Good thing we live way off the road and people can barely see the lights, much less the ladder! I'm SLACKING this year! Actually I'm not slacking in the way that I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up, but just haven't made myself stay up into the wee hours of the night to get it done. We all look like chickens running around with our heads cut off and my house looks like their coup! I had so many cute ideas for decorating my tree and making neat wreaths for my sis in law, mo in law, sister and me, but Hobby Lobby and all the craft stores out there have already moved on from Christmas to Valentines. Really??? Just because I didn't want to buy Christmas decorations at Easter, I've missed all the good stuff and can't find what I'm looking for because the shelves and isles are empty. The only thing I bought was a roll of ribbon that I found tucked away in the wood section and some cute red feathers that were being trampled on the floor. So, mo in law, sis in law and sister if you are reading this...you will have to wait until next year for that super cute wreath I was going to make you!

I could go on...but here is one of the reasons our decorations are still in the attic. Santa called and asked the kids to have breakfast last Saturday. What is breakfast and pictures without cute Christmas outfits? So, I ran to the fabric store, whipped up some more outfits and off we went. 


The girls with sweet Presley and Santa's sweet Elf Laura.




Lil man just chillin...



The girls chowing their pancakes!



The girls clinging to Daddy so they didn't have to get in line for Santa.



And here you have it! I totally got in trouble for taking pictures (sorry Pilot Club, didn't mean to be 'that mom' to screw it up for everyone else)!  Actually I think lots of other people took pictures but didn't walk up right behind the photographer, oops. Good thing they had games for bribing, but only worked for Clare. We made a pact that the girls would just stand by Santa and let Bennet sit in his lap. Clare went up with little hesitation and then slowly got closer and closer and even held his hand. Bennet was a champ minus the two times he spit up on Santa's beard. Sorry Santa, I promise he was just trying to tell you want he wanted for Christmas but got choked up! Then Adde...screaming and kicking...we tried to throw her up there and she kept running off. Then we called Mrs. Claus in to the rescue. She let Mrs. Claus pick her right up (really...she doesn't look any different than Santa, but whatever works) and then she sat down next to Santa. She was good for about 10 seconds and then went crazy again. I'm working on the next reality TV show about parents who throw/force their parents to sit on Santa's lap. It's freaking hilarious what we do and the things we say and threaten! 





The girls with two of Santa's sweet Elves! We love these girls!



Off to the games. Ring Toss.



Digging for snow balls. 



Fishing for Treats.



Another picture opp. 



Sorry Bennet for the strangling! 





And the last game..of which will be the last game for Adde for a while. She threw the bean bag in the hole and the boy giving out prizes said 'here you go, pick one because you WON!' Adde looked in the box of little rubber ducks, picked one out and threw it down and said 'I don't want a duck!' I almost lost it, but calmly said 'that is not how you act when someone gives you something' and simply took the duck, put it back in the box and told her we would give it back for another sweet little kid to win. Argh, I was so embarrassed!




After the breakfast, I had to get ready for our annual friends Christmas party that I was hosting at our friend Jody's house. We had a great time and a great turnout with about 50 people. Just a few pics.



Me & Beth, who is due any day with a sweet little boy. Can't wait to meet him!!!



My sis & Derrick.





and a girls shot...and I think we need to take these earlier in the night...just sayin!







1 comment:

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails