I think I'm just now getting my energy back after a long exhausting, but fun weekend in Austin. We loaded up the fam and headed to Austin last weekend for another wedding. We arrived late Friday evening after taking the trailer we were hauling up to a friends house in Round Rock since there is no place to park a big truck...much less a trailer...in Downtown Austin. The trailer was for stone William had to pick up...and not all of our luggage although we almost needed one.
All the kids napped on the way so they were wide awake for baths and a little playtime before sacking out again. (Oh, just realized the first two pics were from home after bath hence the towel and countertop. No we don't travel with our own towels.)
And then here is Lil Man on the soft comfy comforter ready for bed.
The girls still playing while Daddy has passed out. Long day for Daddy.
We were not very happy with the hotel we stayed at on Friday as the rooms were pretty dirty for the price we were paying, especially with the kids crawling and laying on the floor. So, Saturday morning, we got up, checked out and headed over to Mueller Park to take some Family Pictures! I made that sound really easy, but it was pretty chaotic getting all the kids dressed, hair done, bags pack and loaded up. We spent about two hours at the park with this amazing photographer of which I will tell you all about when I have the pictures to share. She was great with the kids and just captured all of us in our natural setting playing, laughing...and in Bennet's case, crying. It was a beautiful day, but windy and he was not thrilled being out in the wind. After pictures, we headed to the Wiles family brunch. This is the wife's family of William's cousin Adam. They are such a sweet and fun group and we were so thankful to spend time with them again since we met them earlier this year at Adam & Kerry's wedding in Key West. After the brunch, we headed to our new hotel for naps. Checked in, unloaded, took naps, woke up, William and I got dressed for the wedding, packed kids stuff up and loaded it back up to ship them off to William's Aunt and Uncles for the night. About 10 minutes prior to walking out of the hotel room dressed and ready to go, I realized I had NO shoes. Yep, "Mrs. I pack everything and then some" forgot her shoes....and of course they were the perfect shoes for my dress but what could I do, but calmly tell William, 'good thing we're in Austin so I can stop off at a shoe store on our way to the wedding.' He looked at me like WHAT...but didn't say a word. All I had to say was, "Do you have everything you need?...and it shut him up. Yes, I pack the entire fam and everyone had what they needed and I shorted myself. Just part of it! So, hopped in the car, headed over to Aunt Diane's and Uncle Bobby's, unloaded the kids and their luggage, got them set up and headed to find some shoes. Luckily, stopped at Target, they had the perfect shoes, bought them and about 10 minutes later I was back in business. William and I made it to the wedding back at the first hotel we stayed at on Friday night and had a wonderful time with all of his college friends. After the wedding we headed back to our new hotel and made the decision to stay another night in Austin so he could pick up the stone on Monday morning that he didn't have time to pick up earlier that day. We Pricelined another hotel because we knew we could get a nice hotel on Sunday for half the price we paid on Fri and Sat. Yep, we were moving to another hotel. Sunday morning, we packed up and went to pick up the kids. They were not ready to leave Aunt Diane's and Bobby's as they had been playing on the playgrounds, watching movies in the park, taking nature walks, chalking, coloring and of course getting anything and everything they asked for! We had lunch and then packed and loaded up again!
This time we headed to Cedar Park to ride the Hill Country Flyer instead of heading to a hotel. So, here we are about to ride a real train from Cedar Park to Bertram, near Burnett.
Daddy, we have three kids. Sorry Bennet, you didn't make the picture. Just kidding Daddy...actually he was in a hurry because there was a long line behind him.
It was a relaxing and fun 1.5 hour ride. We had plenty of room and just sprawled out and made ourselves at home.
Yes that's an ouchy on Clare's chin. She is now the cheerleader and didn't keep her arms tight enough when doing the 'donkey kick'. She ate the concrete and said it didn't taste very good. Luckily this was AFTER our family pictures.
After the train ride, we went to dinner at one of our fav's, Matt's El Rancho...where we sat next to Ben Crenshaw (pro golfer) and William couldn't stop staring. When we were leaving he told us we had a cute baby and William shook his hand. He planned to say more, but choked!
And here we are at our FINAL hotel. Checked in, unloaded and settled in again.
Daddy woke up Monday morning and headed to Round Rock to pick up the stone and then came back to pick us up at the hotel. Here are the kids waiting for his arrival. The girls kept giving the bellman sweet looks so they would give them rides on the luggage cart and push the revolving door around so they could go in circles.
Bennet was pretty needy on Saturday, but other than that the kids were great and we had a fun weekend. Thanks to Aunt Diane and Uncle Bobby for opening your house to us and our kids. The girls had a ball and keep talking about all the fun stuff they did!









Sounds like a fun weekend!
ReplyDelete