This would typically be a post about the weekend for opening deer season, but we did not participate in that and instead we've had out of town weddings for the past two weekends...and the kiddos have tagged along. So, weekend before last....
It started with a surprise cake and punch party for G.G.'s 92 birthday after her Silver Sneakers class at the YMCA. She was told that her class was having cake and punch for the November birthdays and when she walked in..her entire family was there! I was a little disappointed because I wanted to see her in some workout clothes, but as usual, she was all dolled up. I guess a 92 year old's work out class doesn't require sweat pants and a sports bra!
Here is the lovely Birthday Girl walking in!
Her chocolate cake with the 'Silver Sneaker'!
Admiring Lil Man!
And the two sweet turkeys who were so excited to sing Happy Birthday to G.G. until they saw the playground.
After cake and punch, we took G.G. to lunch at Cedar Creek.
G'auntie Kay snuggling with Lil Man.
Then we dumped The Kids and the Burb with Kak, Josh, Gams and Pops so William and I could start the wedding festivities. We headed to the Omni to get ready for the Rehearsal Dinner. This wedding was a high school friend of William's and he was a groomsmen. Friday we had a lovely rehearsal dinner at the church and then Willie G's. Of course you can't stay in the Omni without hitting up one of our fav's, The Black Swan. It's a bar in the bottom of the hotel with strictly hip hop dance music. Also got to meet Matt Leinart (now the starting QB for the Texans) and of course pestered him for a picture.
Too bad it didn't turn out...we pestered him for another, but it was worse. William heard it all night for not taking a good pic!
Saturday morning, William headed out to play golf and I drove up to Kingwood to spend the day with the kids, Kak, Josh, Gams and Pops. The girls were a little under the weather, but still having a ball and didn't really want Mommy there to rain on their parade. So, I stuck with Bennet and let them have their fun. Went back to the hotel Saturday afternoon and attended the wedding Saturday night. It was beautiful and we had a wonderful time! I was a little distraught being away from Lil Man, but he wasn't far and definitely in good hands! This wedding came at a great time because I needed the break. Thanks Bryan and Lindsey for the good timing :)! They are adorable together and we wish you many many years of happiness.
The adorable couple!
Here we are!
William and Luke, another great friend from high school!
...and here I am about to light the Bride and Groom on fire. I think I have about 10 HUGE sparklers in my hand! Danger!
Two super cute and sweet girls that were wives of groomsmen. Amber and Holly, it was great to meet the both of you!
How about this smile on my face and the lovely purple teeth. You think I was having fun???
Congrats Bryan and Lindsey!
Sunday we went back up to Kingwood to fetch the kids of which were NOT ready to leave. Thank you thank you K, J, G & P for taking such wonderful care of them and always having so much fun with them. On the way home, we stopped for lunch with the Janik's and then came home and crashed!
I'll catch up with the post from the wedding this past weekend shortly. It was fun, but oh my...an EXHAUSTING weekend! Three days, three kids and three hotels!








I always love your posts. I hope someday when the children begin to read they will appreciate all your very special work. Pops
ReplyDelete