Photobucket

September 17, 2011

Big Sis, Lil Bro and No Routine!

Here you have it! Lil Bro and his Big Sistas. He's proud of them already! These adorable shirts were given to me by one of my sweet twin moms and although we've worn them a couple of times, this is the first photo with all of them. I planned to get a better shot, but ketchup hit the shirts before I got to it. 

The girls LOVE their Lil Bro and are BIG helpers when it comes to singing to him, stuffing the paci in his mouth, diaper changes, night feedings, bouncing his bouncy chair extra high or abruptly swinging his swing. I wish on the diaper changes and night feedings, but they're in training so it won't be long. Actually they are pretty careful with him and the bouncing and swinging are only done when he's not in it, but an eye is usually always on them. 

Look at my little chubalub and his dolls.



They were pretending to nap in their sleeping bags...which is a sore subject in the house lately. They (mainly Adde) are going through a no nap stage, and it's tough at times to get them down, but I refuse to give up. 



Clare and Bennet. She is definitely the mother hen right now.



Okay, so this is ALL this guy does. SLEEP! I'm not really complaining, but it's a little frustrating at times when he sleeps, wakes up, cries, eats and goes back to sleep. It would be nice for you to join the party every now and then. Look at the sleep marks on his face from just passing out on Daddy's shoulder. Plus he's been a little under the weather too thanks to his sisters for bringing home colds from school. 


So as for a little update on what's going on in the key house...it's been a non routine and trying last two weeks. Bennet is doing great, but the girls are going through an adjustment stage. They are showing NO signs of anger or jealousy towards baby brother or us, but are moody and sad at times. As for all the changes...we have a new baby in the house, Mrs. Tabby is out for a month and Anna and KK have been coming to play with the girls so I can work a little, they are going to school two days a week, they have both had colds and not sleeping very well, and there is just no routine. Last week we had rough mornings going to school and even though they are fine and have fun once they get settled, it hasn't been easy. There is something about nap time that saddens them and as soon as they realize they have to take a nap, they both get emotional and whiny...which I'm pretty sure is one of the main reasons it's rough getting them to school. They know nap time is part of it and it upsets them from the get go. Same is here at home when a sitter is here, but if I let them skip the nap, all is fine and dandy. They're slowly getting a  routine back and even though last Thursday morning was super difficult getting them to school, they had a much better day. I know it will get better, but it will take time. William is my rock and he keeps me and the girls calm and collected!  I thank God every day that I have him by my side!

After a rough week, we're having a great weekend. Kristi H, this post is for you. Above are pics of Mr. B with the girls per your request and here is the girls new entertainment piece compliments of YOU! Today we all packed up and headed into town for lunch, errands and to get the supplies to build their own sand boxes. 





Miss Adde playing very carefully...at first.



Still pretty clean...



and the mess has begun. Kristi, A&A's box was so neat and I didn't see any sand outside of it. Not the case for these two girls. Poppa keeps wanting to get the girls a sand box, but I keep nixing the idea so my twin mom friend gave me this idea verses having a big box the girls can sit in and get sandy every time they go outside. Well, even though they can't actually get in these sand boxes, they were just as dirty...and we have the humidity here (that you don't Kristi) so our sand sticks to us! Oh well, the girls had a ball and love their new toys! 





Everyone is getting over their colds and feeling better so I'm hoping for an easier week. Plus it RAINED today...things are looking up! Good night.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Thanks ;) Did little bro get to play in the sand, too? A&C are spoiled - they got their own boxes! The girls were so good with the sand initially, but now they like to throw it in each other's hair and sit in it. I'm disappointed to hear about your naptime dilemma... I've been wondering how long our naps will last :( Thank goodness you have no sleep issues with Bennet - what a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH - and I LOVE their hair!! You need to give me some lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the big sis, little bro pics. Sorry about them getting dirty, what was I thinking getting 3 year olds white shirts. Sorry about the naps, we have been battling some nap time problems as well. M and K aren't bad during nap time just friendly with one other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! First... Your lil' boy is so so precious. For a moment I'm sitting here actually considering what it would be like to throw #3 in the mix. LOL. I don't think we are ready for that!! :) I love this sandbox idea. My girls love to play in the sand too but I don't want a sandbox either. I'm going to try this today. Thanks so much. Your family is just precious!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails