All packed up and ready to go...The girls were off to their first day of School (pre k 3). They were pretty excited, but as we got closer to the school, Adde started saying "Mommy when can we get out?" and Clare was saying "Mommy, I don't want to go to that school." I was a little worried.
They jumped out of the car and were a little hesitant walking up, but gave me a hug and a kiss when we got to the door and walked right in. I wanted to walk them into their class room, but they just kept walking so I turned around and walked out.
I picked them up about 3:30 and they were busy on the play ground and ran up to me only to see baby Bennet and then went back to playing. Their teacher said they had a great day, but did cry when the nap mats came out. I asked Clare how her day was and she said, "fun, but they were mean." I asked who was mean and she answered, "damn girls" yes, damn girls. Of course I questioned her and after some discussion she was referring to the girls on the play ground who wouldn't share the slide. We had a little talk!
We had check ups today for all three kids. Good thing I took Daddy with me because we had to do a little holding down just to give the girls the flu nose mist. They were scared to death and realized when it was over that it didn't even hurt. They lucked out and didn't even have to get any shots! Adde weighed 31 pounds and Clare 33 pounds. Mr. Bennet did well with his little foot prick for the newborn screening and he's already back up and above his birth weight...weighing in at 8 pounds 14 ounces! My little monkey likes to eat!
He has been doing great and has just been doing a little fussing in the evening. I think he has a full tummy at the end of the day and has a little trouble doing what men do best... He sleeps GREAT! Usually down around 10 and up only once in the night, sometimes around 2/3 and sometimes not until 5/6! I know this won't last, but we're loving it while it does. The girls are doing amazing with him and the only time I worry is when he starts to cry. The girls race over to him to see who can sing to him and give him the paci the first. They get a little out of hand at times. Other than that, I consider the first two weeks a blessing and a success. We'll keep him!
Here are some pics of the little man!
Little man with Poppa and Anna.
Little Man doing some serious thinking about what's for lunch?
and Little Man blowing his mommy some sweet kisses!
That's all for now....





I laughed out loud at the damn girl part! I had to read it too Chris...only cause I know we will be there soon! Ha. BTW pretty sure Bennett is the cutest baby EVER! love you!
ReplyDeleteYou sure do have a handsome little dude!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you about going to school and being such good girls. Those "damn girls" will surely get their just due in time. As for you Bennet watch out those sisters will have you grown up way too fast. Love all of you.
ReplyDeleteDamn girls...! Ha ha - glad they did well in school! They are adorable with their matching monogrammed gear!
ReplyDelete