Photobucket

August 1, 2011

The Miracle Worker - The Paci Fairy

She has come and gone and made a miracle! I've heard of this mysterious Paci Fairy a couple of times before and recently she visited some of our fellow twin friends so I called her up. She is a really busy fairy, but put our home on her schedule as soon as I called. She must have known we needed help! After I made the call to her, I began telling the girls about her and what her job was. From day one, they were very interested in her. After our phone conversation, she told me that she would come in the next couple of weeks and pick up their paci's to save them for baby brother. I explained this to them and talked about her for a couple of weeks. One day, we were on our way to Houston with the girls and while they were napping, she called to tell them she left Mommy & Daddy money to take them to Build a Bear to build a sweet bear to sleep with in lieu of their pacis.  Most importantly, she would be by in the morning when they went to church to pick them up. So, we played the message she left to the girls and they were excited to go Build a Bear...so here they are!

Adde of course picked a pink bear and Clare picked a blue bear. They've filled them and now giving them a really nice bath.



Picking out their wardrobe.



 Clare dressed hers in PJ's and loaded her up ready to go.



Then they added some ballerina shoes to go with their PJ's. Doesn't everyone sleep in shoes with hard toes and laces up to their knees?



Adde has hers dressed and ready to go.



Time to name them and get their birth certificates. 


Miss Adde happy as can be with 'Alex' and Clare happy as can be with 'Andy'.



Now to the test. It was late after we left Houston and the girls fell asleep in the car with their paci's for the last time. The Fairy told them to put them in a bag and leave them on their pillow when they went to church the next morning. So we did just that. The girls colored on the bags and filled them with every paci we could find.





When we returned home from church, this is what we found. 


The girls were so excited to get their note and I'm happy to report have done amazingly well considering how addicted they were. I think they both asked for them maybe twice that night and Adde woke up the following morning a little distraught because she wanted her paci to sit and watch cartoons, however they are DEFINITELY A THING OF THE PAST. I don't think either one of them have asked for them again and are super excited to tell everyone about the fairy and where their pacis are. I'm also happy to report I'm doing well with the transition. They play in bed a little longer now than before, but it's not whining and I don't have to get up in the night to find their pacis. Yippee!!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the paci fairy struck again. So glad it went well and what a great gift!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails