We started this past weekend down at the bay and ended it at the circus in Houston. The girls have been asking to go fishing so we made a quick trip down to the bay and took the girls fishing. Johnny & Caroline joined us along with Poppa and Anna. We didn't have much luck, but it was a beautiful day and the girls loved every minute of it.
Daddy and someone waiting for the Big one to bite!
Everyone making a few casts.
Waiting patiently to get to our next fishing destination. Clare on left, Adde on right.
Caroline trying to call in a BIG fish!
Looks like some serious teaching going on??
Sweet sisters holding hands...or maybe holding on for dear life as Poppa goes really fast!
Still waiting on a fish to bite.
Mommy and my girls.
Maybe Mommy can do the trick? Wrong? No such luck.
Nap time.
Adde watching for porpoises.
A snapshot of the belly... growing out of my fishing shirt.
Some pelicans. These guys were not bothered one bit by our fishing.
The girls! I'm not quite this swollen yet and happy to blame the puffiness in my shirt on the wind this time.
We left the bay early early Sunday morning so we could make it to the Ringling Brother's Barnum and Bailey Circus Sunday afternoon in Houston. It was the girls first circus experience and I would say it was a hit.
They don't look too thrilled, but I think just bothered by mommy's pictures.
I thought we had them entertained...but it only lasted for about the first 20 minutes.
Not sure if they were thrilled by the show or by the cotton candy and coke? I must admit, my girls may have been a little sheltered in the past because this was the FIRST time they have ever had Cotton Candy! Clare didn't even want to eat it and made me take a bite first and explain to her what it was. She thought it was some type of toy. Sorry girls... it wasn't because it's straight sugar, but probably because it makes a mess!
Clare actually didn't really like it and would take a bite and then hand it over to the Mom who eats anything that is made with sugar. Yes, Daddy busted me!
Oops...where did they go?







The Girls are absoultely the most wonderful troopers, fisherwomen, acrobats, preciously perfect children ever to grace this planet. Their mommy and daddy are pretty good too!!
ReplyDeleteOh I LOVE me some cotton candy, too! I just knew that after meeting your girls in person, I'd be able to tell them apart in pics... not so much! Rats! Looks like y'all are having a GREAT summer!
ReplyDelete