by my two smarty pants! I try to write down all the funny things they say, but I just can’t keep up, nor do I make the time to blog about them all. This is a post that I’ve had typed for a month or so and keep meaning to add to it, but typing just stories are rather boring to me and I haven’t made the time. So, here are a few quick funny stories of things they say and do. I’ll try to get better at mentioning them in my regular weekly activity posts.
*A little background on this one: When we are driving, one of the girls points out something to look at like a cow, tractor, windmill, cows eating hay (now remember we live in the country) and occasionally a big building if we’re in the ‘big’ city. 99% of the time after one of them points it out, the other tries to find it but can’t or we’ve already passed it. So I tell them ‘we passed it so you’ll have to look for another one’. We were leaving the house the other day and driving out our driveway and William was mowing…
I say to the girls, wave bye bye to Daddy on the mower. Clare yells ‘bye Daddy’ and waves out the window. Adde is looking all over the place and says “I can’t see Daddy.” I tell her “well doll, we already passed him.” She replies “Mommy, we already passed him?” I said “yes, sorry.” Then she says in her sweet little voice, “we’ll have to find another Daddy?” Cracking up I say “well no, we don’t have another Daddy, he’s it.” She says, “we only have one Daddy, not two Daddies?” Laughing even more I tell her in my sad voice “yes honey, we only have one Daddy and we’ll have to wave to him when we get back home.”
*Adde is constantly coming into my office with her cell phone to her ear telling me “Mom, need you to be really really quiet, I’m making a portant call. Don’t scream!” She will hold her finger over her mouth and ‘shh’ me the entire time she is talking on the phone.
*Whenever Adde is calling sissy or the dog or the cat…or even me sometimes, she puts her lips together and does the smoochy smoochy with her lips and tries to snap her fingers like you would call a dog or a horse.
*At dinner the other night, we did a toast. Now the girls toast their cups together at every meal and say ‘cheers’! It’s priceless.
*As most of you know, we still have paci’s at night and we plan to give them to baby brother when he arrives. One of my friends used the Paci Fairy to take hers so I’ve started mentioning this to the girls and explaining what she will do. I told them the Paci Fairy would come and take their paci’s and leave them a really neat present instead. She will keep the paci’s safe until baby brother arrives. Adde repeats what I have told her to make sure she understands what the Paci fairy is going to do and she says… ‘so the paci fairy is going to come and take our paci’s and she is going to leave us a really neat Paci?’ I told her, well not exactly another paci, but a present that you can pick on your own. She says, ‘oh, so not a really neat paci?’ This might be a tough one!
*We were swimming the other day and Clare asked where the ‘cat pool’ was? I didn’t clearly understand what she was saying and asked her to repeat it about 15 times and then asked Adde what she was saying. Once we realized what she was saying, it took William and I about 5 seconds to make the jump from Kiddy pool to Cat pool. Kiddy (or as Clare understood, Kitty) meaning Kitty Cat…and as she would say, Cat pool! It was hilarious!
I promise to start including them in my regular posts so it’s not a long lists of boring things to read…just wanted to mention a few that I want to remember.

Priceless!
ReplyDelete