Photobucket

July 25, 2011

Crunch Time

Yes, it's officially crunch time for me and I'm doing pretty good at getting things in order before # 3 arrives...with the help of my hard working husband and girls! There has been a lot going on in this house from a few arts, crafts and sewing to complete the girls and baby brother's rooms, to cleaning out and rearranging of closets, to a massive garage sell thrown together in 48 hours, to preparing for baby brother's arrival by getting all the necessities, to preparing for two 3 year olds 'ice cream birthday party' in two weeks, to talking very seriously to the Paci Fairy, to lots of business work for both mommy and daddy, and just all the events and daily chores of life in general! Whew...I'm looking forward to having this baby and just being able to sit on my rear and giving him a little milk and a clean diaper occasionally...YA RIGHT! 

Here are the girls and daddy cleaning the porches. This is a must do activity about two times a year to clean the spider webs and dirt dobber nests that the country has to offer. The girls are such big helpers! They also helped me clean all the windows. Notice that little black case on the ground? That is their cell phone that is always handy just in case they need to make a call :).






Loading the dishwasher with bottles and taking inventory! The girls actually loaded this all by themselves. I'd say it's pretty darn organized!!



Stocking up on newborn diapers!



Wipes ready to be warmed and diapers stocked.

A quick pic of his room thus far. His name will go on the shelf above his bed. Letters have been painted and ready to display when he makes his debut! The colors are green, white and navy and the animal of choice is alligators! I have a two more pictures to paint and his room will be complete.





Here is the girls pink polka dotted lamp that I converted to match the little manly alligator room. I painted the shade white and added a little glue and stones. It actually also puts out a calming light when turned on. 



His coat rack filled with all but coats!



And then we squeezed in a little play after their morning and afternoon of hard work!





Did I mention a massive garage sale? Well maybe not too massive, but lots of JUNK! I needed to put some stuff in our storage unit (that my mom, sister and I share, but mom pays for...sucker!) to get it out of my house and ready for baby, but couldn't fit anything else in the storage unit so I decided we would do a quickie sale and just move some stuff and save the big one for when it cools down and I'm not carrying an extra 35+ pounds. Well, being the people we are, we went for it and just did it all. Best way to do it too...decide last minute, throw it together so you're not dreading it and then have someone come by and pick up all the crap that didn't sale as soon as it's over. It was a little crazy, but feels great to get rid of it all!


My saleswomen...although not sure if they were selling or hoarding since they are sitting on top of the merchandise?


Back to the paci fairy...well she came this morning and picked up the paci's while we were at church. So far so good and I'll report the full story when it's been a success. I must say, it's been 12 hours and I haven't given in yet, but I must admit, I haven't been tested either! Yeah me...and them! I'll also get you some belly shots this week. 

And last but not least...some funnies of the weekend: 
We were talking to the girls about growing up to be big girls, which is one of the reasons they don't need their paci's anymore. Clare questioned with, "so when I grow up to be a big girl, I'm gonna get fat?" Not sure what her understanding of 'fat' is or who she was referring to, but we quickly corrected that one!

Adde opened up a little book today and told me "Mommy, I'm going to read you this book." I said, "great, go right ahead." She said, "it says Mommy I love you"! Priceless! 

This might be a little TMI, but hilarious! Adde also asked me while we were having lunch if baby brother was going to come out of my butt. I responded with "well, close, but not really out of there and we don't use that word remember?" I asked her where she got that from and of course she said Kate. Leave it to those full-of-info cousins! Gotta love em!


4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet room for baby boy, Brit! Can't wait to see his sweeeeet face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, a fine selection was on display, of course i am referring to you girls. As for brother (we'll call him TEX for now) I know you are excited about his arrival. And your growing up is remarkable thanks in large part to your Mommy and Daddy cause Gams and Pops are just the spoilers!!! We cant wait to come to birthday party so we can all scream for ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room looks great - you really ARE ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His room is adorable and it looks like his sisters are going to be great helpers!!!

    But hello....you're suppose to call us new moms to come have a first peak when you are going to sale baby stuff!! lol see some cool things Mags would have liked....haha

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails