Photobucket

June 15, 2011

We all have something in common!

Twins that is! We could talk for hours and actually did this past weekend at our 2nd Annual Twin Mamas Off-Duty Trip! We spent the weekend on Lake Travis and had a wonderful time.

Here’s the group from L to R: Hannah, Amy, Shelley, ME, Liz, Leah, and Kristi

We arrived Thursday and these sweet girls surprised me with a baby shower. It was TOTALLY unexpected and such a fun surprise…it was actually my first shower pregnant seeing that I had my baby showers post delivery of the girls since they came so early!  Their decor was super cute, very creative and BEST of all…it was a Cookies and Milk shower which is MY ALL TIME FAVORITE snack! I have cookies and milk every night before bed…and no it’s not a pregnant thing, although I wish it was! I was in heaven the rest of the weekend from literally having to eat a cookie on the hour, every hour, since there were so many. Thank you girls so very much for such a special shower, the cute gifts, fabulous cookies and for all the work you put into it, especially since it was ‘on the road'.

IMG_0591

IMG_0583  IMG_1948

IMG_1944IMG_1946

IMG_1947

 

Onto the rest of the weekend festivities!

Our hotel and view. The Island on Lake Travis

IMG_8413

IMG_8414

IMG_8407

 

Our boating experiences! Kristi brought the boat and I played Captain. It was very comical at times, but for the record, we all made it home safely.  Shout out to Brad for hauling the boat and getting it to our hotel! Thank you!

 IMG_0599

IMG_8429 

IMG_0606 

IMG_0609 IMG_4916

 

What would a trip to Lake Travis be without a GW stop? AND it was ticket FREE! Yes, 7 mamas of twins can pull it together to find: 7 life jackets (not to mention 2 of them were for children, but he gave us a B for effort), a whistle, fire extinguisher, and 2 square throwables.

photo

 

Some group pics!

IMG_0625 

    

     IMG_4913 

 

A little karaoke!

     

 

And some toasting in our Annual T-shirts!

 

   

Sweet party favors from Amy and Liz!

IMG_8399    

Already looking forward to next year…and I will make sure my car is parked in the correct spot! What a way to end such a great weekend by walking down to the parking garage to load up your car and it’s GONE! Towed that is! Yes, I accidentally parked my car one spot over from where I was supposed to, mainly because I didn’t really pay attention, the garage was empty and didn’t think the parking was that important, and the Condo owner to the spot I was parked in had my car towed! After a few phone calls, $245, and a trip 30 miles away, I had my car. Thanks Kristi for taking me and I loved getting to spend a few minutes with A&A!  Luckily, the Condo owner didn’t follow homeowner policy and they are reimbursing me…because they had my license plate on file and never researched it or tried to contact me. I also had to throw in that I was 7 months pregnant and sometimes don’t think very clearly! It worked!

6 comments:

  1. Love looking at yalls annual trip pictures - I am am Texas (San Antonio area) mom of 4 year old twin girls - looks like fun...
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUN!! I have the pic of you in your EMPTY parking spot-- I'll send it to you to add to your post. :) Can't wait til next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! The shower decorations were adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britni... I hope it's not a year until we get to hang out again! We need to re-schedule our Rockport trip so that our girlies can hang out together! Had SO much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it...I wish we didn't live so far away from one another!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun time! My mom just told me that you were pregnant. I think she ran into your mom last weekend. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails