Photobucket

April 6, 2011

Hard Work Yard Work

For the past three weeks WE have been hard at work doing yard work. We had quite a few things freeze and it was just time to fill in with some base plants and trim up what we have. The girls were great at helping haul off the dead stuff and trimmings with their gator and take it to our burn pile. We have a couple more holes to fill, but other than that...it's done! I bet this baby thinks it's getting put through the ringer from all the digging and leaning over I've been doing.

The girls hauling some branches. Adde in purple, Clare in green.









The girls wanted some plants by their house too... We moved our sad queen palms from the front of the house to their house. They haven't quite recovered from the freeze.


Most of the plants I bought consisted of Little John Bottle Brush Shrubs, Frostproof Gardenias, Roses, Boxwood Shrubs, Indian Hawthornes and Camilias. I stayed away from the tropical plants like Hibiscus and Palms because they all bit the dust. We shall see...





Pics of the new and improved flower beds. I started with little plants so I can grow them to be big vs. buying all big plants that were already grown. Plus, it was much cheaper!







We took out the tall queen palms from the the front and still waiting to find the perfect plants to replace them. I didn't want them to look dead every year after it froze so I"ll buy something more
hardy to replace them with. I did thorough research this year and 90% of the new plants I bought SHOULD withstand the freeze. I don't want to be replacing everything each year!








I love me some knock out roses!


I replaced the palms that were in the pots with Camilia's. They will bloom in the fall and are very hardy!


I left this little queen palm up here and we'll see what it does.




Just relaxing on the porch after a hard days work!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You have been busy!! I love the plant around their little house. That house might be one of the funnest cutest I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails