As most of you know, I pretty much spend the month of March volunteering in one of the clubs at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. This was my 8th year and it is a long three weeks for me, but I truly enjoy what I do up there and love all the people I work with. I’ve met so many new people and enjoy learning about all the different aspects of the show. I am only able to do this because of my amazing husband who encourages me to continue and takes care of the girls without a complaint while I’m gone. Thank you honey for your support, understanding and for being the best daddy to our two girls. They don’t even realize when I’m gone!
We take the girls one time each year and then William and I usually go on our Anniversary…which is St. Patty’s Day. Our first ‘unofficial’ date was at the rodeo on St. Patty’s Day in 2004, 3 years later on St. Patty’s Day in 2007 we got married and now each year we usually go back and then do a little dancing somewhere afterwards. We enjoyed it this year with many of our friends and watching the Zac Brown Band play.
Here are a few pics from when we took the girls. I didn’t take many, but of a couple of the favorite things the girls love to do while we are there.
See their longhorns. They jumped right up on this guy and didn’t flinch until he started moving and then Adde was OUT! I’m not sure if they realized he was real, but as soon as he shifted his feet, she jumped off. We managed to get one good pic before he moved. I wanted to get this picture to hang next to my wedding pic.
Ride the ‘alligator’ aka escalator.
Pet and see all the animals. Look at them doing the same thing last year.
People watch while riding in the wagon. I can’t say they love to ride in the wagon because that only lasts for 5 minutes at a time and then they want to get out and walk.
It was a little bright outside, hence their squinty eyes. Adde on left, Clare on right.
Goodbye rodeo 2011…we’ll see you next year!

I have been following your blog for a little while. Good to see another Mommy to twin girls in the Houston area! My girls are 11 months, so it is nice to see what to expect! Your girls are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGreat seeing you on St. Paddy's Day! (Oh, and love the wedding pic!)
ReplyDeleteRide 'em cowgirls...
ReplyDelete