Photobucket

August 11, 2013

Our 4th of July Getaway!

The girls packed their bags and headed out the week before July 4th for a mini vacation with Gams and Pops in Dallas. Gams had the week planned full of events and it ended with a bang...literally...on July 4th weekend when the rest of the family showed up. Over the week, Gams and Pops took the girls to the Perot Museum, swimming and of course on a date with their American Girl Dolls to the American Doll store. We surprised them in Dallas on Thursday morning and headed over to the Four Seasons Los Colinas for a fun filled 4th of July weekend. Kak, Josh and Landon met us up there too!



As soon as we checked in, a good box for the kids was delivered along with milk and cookies.


It didn't take them long to rummage through all the goodies and then throw on their suits.




We made a quick trip to the pool and then back to the room to change and get ready for our big time scavenger hunt that Gams planned.  



Typical elevator fun. Jumping just as the elevator starts to move is a Key kid tradition. One day I see the elevator falling all the way down to the bottom.



Checking out the grounds.











Ok so this was on the Scavenger hunt. Gams swear it wasn't rigged, but in a RANDOM pairing done by Adde & Clare, I was paired with Bennet, William was paired with Clare, Kathryn was paired with Landon and Josh was paired with Adde. I mean how in the heck did it work out so poorly (I mean nicely) that the girls were stuck with the dead weight and the boys had self sufficient helpers? 

The scavenger list contained things like: 
make change at the front desk
get the name of the hostess of the day at the restaurant
get an item from the salon
get an item from the bar
get a score card
take a pic with Byron Nelson
buy something from gift shop
make a sand angel


So here we are with Byron. Funny thing about this was the actual task said "take a picture in front of Byron Nelson with child on cell phone" so here you have it... and it actually meant just to use your cell phone and have someone take a picture with you and kid in front of Byron Nelson.  So I asked the guy that was taking our picture to borrow his cell phone so Bennet could be on it in pic. I guess I'm a little too literal!



B making a sand angel. Ok so you can tell he's not doing it happily...I had to throw him down there and move his hands and now he's rubbing his eyes. Not off to a good start. 



Here we are taking a pic on the tournament stage.


Well I'm excited to report that the girls kicked the boys rear and we agreed to tie as we came in seconds of each other, but then sad to announce that the score card fell out of my tiny crammed pockets as I was running through the huge resort with Bennet in arms so I lost. Next time I will have a bag in tow to put the goods in. My little pockets were stuffed and Bennet was bobbing up and down on them and kept making me lose stuff. Man I was ticked!


It didn't take the kids long to start doing their flips on the wide open spaces. 



The kids pool always had exciting events and this one was a sand building contest. 








I thought our castle was beautiful but two other sweet little girls won because they were so stinking cute when talking about the castle they built.



Clare winning the hula hoop contest. Looks like only two girls but there were about 6. 




Back to the room for lunch and naps!




Time for the Dive In Movie and A&C found two sweet boys. Talk about a flash forward and it was hysterical with their Bro sitting right in the middle. He didn't take his eyes off those boys. Oh this is going to be a fun ride!










Bennet posing with Pots (real name Spot). He got this from a sweet friend and takes him everywhere. It's the perfect drag along little snuggle toy. 



Saturday was filled with even more festivities for the kids!





Just like his daddy. Busted Bennet.





A little putt putt with Pops.



Really cool face painting. 








Time for fireworks! Can you see us?



There they are!



Goof ball!













Getting sleepy!



An amazing weekend together and the resort was so kid friendly. I was looking forward to it, but didn't realize all the awesome stuff they have for kids.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails