Luckily we found an open week and took a last minute trip to Breckenridge to see the big mountains and enjoy the amazing weather during the SUMMER. I love skiing and snow, but oh my it was soooo nice to throw on shorts and shoes and go. I haven't spent much time in the Mountains during the summer and it was the kids first time so we all enjoyed the experience and will go back as many summers that we possibly can. I grew up beaching it during the summer and we were just about to book our trip to Sanibel FL, when I realized I was exhausted after a long weekend in Rockport and the beach! Plan B was decided as I was sick of the sun, the heat, applying sunscreen, stripping off wet bathing suits, cleaning up sand, applying sunscreen, putting on new bathing suits, wearing hats, applying sunscreen, yadayadayada! We couldn't have picked a better alternative.
So here we are... we arrived late Wednesday night and stayed until the following Thursday morning. This is the bridge and river that we walk across from the condo into town. It's gorgeous this time of year.
Same place January 2012!
Off for a drive and hike to check out the mountains and views!
Mommy forgot their bathing suits ( yes major packing fowl) so we walked back into town to get some and found the perfect wands and crowns for the girls princess birthday party that was coming up.
Riding the ski lift up to the top so we could ride the Coaster down.
Bennet wasn't real sure why he couldn't go down the coaster but found some flowers that were more fun anyway!
Couldn't resist capturing the little blonde tail that was hanging out!
Adde was scared to death and wouldn't even consider going until I basically forced her because I knew she would love it. After one of our million 'mommy knows best' conversations, she took the plunge and wanted to ride non-stop. Whew...glad that worked in my favor.
Daddy and Clare...two peas in a pod!
Me and Adde!
We went from high in the mountain to underground. This was a Gold Mine tour and for the most part the kids loved it until our guide turned on an obnoxiously loud jack hammer. I immediately had 3 screaming children that I didn't think would take another step.
Panning for gold...and just trying to get as dirty as possible.
For the most part of the trip, we packed lunches and headed out for hikes and fishing. This was a hidden lake that had an amazing hiking trail and waterfall. The kids were super troopers and completed the 3 mile hike all in one piece.
Having a little Dirty Dancing moment.
B getting his fish on!
Daddy getting his fish on!
Post hike! It wasn't long and I was out too!
The kids love the little park right in town. It worked out great as I would take a run, get my Starbucks and then take the kids to the park and enjoy my coffee and people watching of course.
We couldn't make the trip without visiting the Children's Museum. Plus we have an annual membership now so definitely worth the visit.








No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear from you...