Photobucket

September 27, 2012

3rd Annual Twin Mamas Ranch Roundup



Ok so I've been playing a little bit and haven't had time to keep everyone updated! I'm back for a little while and will try to let you in on as much as I can as fast as I can. Don't worry...you don't have to hold on to your hat...it's not that exciting! 

Actually you may not think it's very exciting but my 3rd Annual Twin Mamas getaway weekend (aka Ranch Roundup) was filled with excitement and lots of good laughs. Some laughs were real and some were from being scared to death!  As I've stated before, it's so good to be able to get together with moms that you have so much in common with and don't have to keep your mouth shut every time you want to share something totally stupid about what your kids did or said or how they acted. We can almost finish each others sentences and can all laugh together at the stupid things we do! 

As a reminder for any of my new blog followers, these are moms that I met blindly through my blog and we had our first blind date 3 years ago. We were short 3 moms this year but hope to have them back next year!  I wish I could say that we've come so close, but honestly I think we're just as close as we were on the first date ;).  A blog allows you to learn so much about each other and it has felt like we've known each other forever from day one. I am truly blessed to have my dearest childhood girlfriends in my life plus these mamas. 

I'm so lucky to have so many people to turn to! Especially when I need to run from the kiddos!

So, we headed back up towards San Antonio this year and made ourselves at home (literally) at the Weakly Wonderland Ranch (our name for it), which is the ranch of Kristi's twin sister! Thank you for sharing your amazing place with us!

Friday evening we headed out in Kristi's '68 mustang. Total Classic and it was amazing weather to enjoy! Actually you will notice jackets worn by all. Oh weather please come to EC asap!

Back seat Liz and Shelley. Front seat me and Kristi!



Dinner at the local Mexican restaurant where we enjoyed margaritas and live music!



If they only knew what was about to happen.



So I was nominated to drive because...well just because. So I rev her up a few times, we drive around the parking lot to make sure she's good and warm, and then I gun it to take off across the extremely busy and dark intersection...and the freaking stang dies! Ya, so when I said I'm so lucky to have friends to turn to, well I turned all right with fear in my eyes. It makes me laugh now, but oh were we all terrified as we looked down the road and saw nothing but headlights heading right for us. I kept calm, tightened my arms to hold the steering wheel straight to just coast across the intersection and then used all the muscles I had to turn the steering wheel (with no power steering) to the left into our lane, quickly hit the brake, threw it in park and started her right back up...and squealed off. Man it was scary and after we were safe, we laughed and laughed and my stomach hurts thinking about it...for more reasons that one. 



A little paddle boating in the awesome morning weather! Kristi & Liz got a head start as Shelley and I took a kick a run up and down the hills. Actually we almost died and not from being hit by a car! The weather was so great that we couldn't resist. Next year K & L will be running with us. Yes. You. Will. 



Me & Shelley



And then we turned the ranch into a theme park! There was just a few more laughs!

First we saddled up (well not actually, it was bareback) for rides on Trac Cow! Oh he didn't know what he was in for! I'm being nice (Liz) and only posting the video of me!



...and then hubby (aka daddy day care) sent me a pic to show me what they were up to as I was having my own childish fun! Uncle Johnny brought his nephew Jimmy out to the deer lease and they all got dirty together! Thanks Daddy for my weekend away!

Clare, Jimmy and Adde. 




Back to being silly! Good ole girlfriend fun riding the Plasma Car down the hill. Man you had to watch out for rocks. They would have caused a rollover!






Kristi wasn't about to let go of that steering wheel. Mainly cause she had on short pants and flip flops. I was covered with jeans and tennis shoes in case a wreck occurred.



Then we decided to take a walk with the horses. Ok so maybe not with the horses and maybe not actually walk, but swing on the horse walker!





We had an awesome day being stupid and do absolutely nothing at times! It was great! We scrubbed up and headed back out on the town for dinner and music!




Doesn't this look classic! We were taking a Christmas Card pic until we realized who in the heck would we send it to? J/K. Again, just being silly!



The funniest part of this photo is that they made me run back and forth and back and forth and back and forth then jump in the car and pose after setting the camera timer. Man I'm a sucker...and I was the furthest placed person. 



Good times! We truly missed the other Mamas that couldn't be there with us and we already have next year in the works and will be sending out a date asap so everyone can put it on the calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails