Photobucket

August 29, 2012

Lil Man Turns Big Man aka 1 year old

Well he thinks he's a big man now. Since we already had the big birthday party I kept loosing focus that his actual birthday was still to come. I know Poor Bennet. Poor 3rd Child. Poor Boy. Well he had a pretty good day anyway and I think he's still getting gifts. 

It took us about 10 minutes after he woke up to remember....it's his Birthday! What's better than a biscuit with a #1 candle in it? It's exactly what I had been planning to give him for his birthday breakfast ;). Good thing it didn't take much time to prepare.  



He was tickled to death.



He spent some time with Daddy that morning while I took A&C to a birthday party. Bonding time with Daddy for the morning of his birthday was also in my birthday plan ;).

After we got back, I made Great Grandma Schmermund's traditional little angel food cakes. They didn't taste as good and didn't get iced, but again...this was still party of my birthday plan ;).






The girls had their own too since they didn't get one on their day...of course it was my plan to wait until Bennet's birthday to make them so they could enjoy them all together ;).



On to a few gifts from The Bodungen Fam.




Yes, his sisters took them over.




Until he pushed them back and said let me do it!



After a few birthday presents and a nap, Mommy & Daddy headed out to a party and Granny was called in to the rescue. Again...part of my birthday plan ;). 

Happy 1st Birthday Lil Man.

A update:
 22 lbs 12 oz 
31 inches long

He started walking on Adde & Clare's birthday...Aug 3.

He loves his bottle but is only getting one in the morning and one before bed and it's now the cheap stuff (aka whole milk). He drinks it in sippy cups throughout the day and will soon be drinking it from a cup for breakfast and bedtime. 

He loves to point and talks by putting his tongue on the top of his mouth and basically blows air through his teeth. So it sounds like hisses with some spit. He can say Mama and Ball...sometimes Adde and What's that. 

Last time I checked, he has 4 teeth on top and 4 on bottom. He bites so I don't check too often.

He loves his sisters and tries to keep up with every step. They pretty much dominate him, but not for long. He is tough and going to be a bruiser. He beats on everything and loves to heavily pat (aka hit) on everyone and anything. 

He gave open mouth kisses when he was about 6 months and up until yesterday he would give you a hand in the face if you even asked for one. Now he's back to giving his sweet open mouth kisses....especially if he wants something. 

He waves bye bye and is a Mama's Boy! He loves me. What can I say? But he also loves his Daddy. He wants me first but then drops me like a bad habit when Daddy shows up. 

Our life is crazy right now...oh that's whole other post and story...but he fits right in! It's just the beginning and I'm already doing things like leaving the groceries in the car until wee hours of the evening when I sneak into the freezer to get ice cream and realize oh crap it's still in my car. 

I'll end this post with just a snap shot of the daily happenings with Lil Man. Watch Adde closely as she tries to hide her M&M's and leaves Bam Bam 'bamming' in the pantry. Please excuse the naked sister as she makes an appearance and then later comes back and toots in the background. Again, just sharing some every day Key House happenings. You should feel privileged. 



 I just happen to be videoing them in the pantry and ended up catching the M&M thief red handed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails