Photobucket

July 2, 2012

Duck Duck Duck & Goose

...are the four creative names of our new pooping pets! Actually their names change daily but Duck and Goose seem to always be in the mix along with Donald, Daffy, Squeaky and Lucky.  Last week we excitedly welcomed these domestic white feathered pooping ducks from a good friend onto our...now called 'Farm'. 



Later that night, the girls introduced them to Bam Bam. He was not a fan and quite scared, but it didn't take long before he had his hands around their neck. 



Meet Duck and Duck. 



The chase has began. 





It didn't take long for the girls to torment their little brother with them either. Yes, Clare is putting the duck on his head. 



Home #1 with Andy laying guard. Oh, and just for the record this home was clean for all of 2 minutes until they were comfortable enough to call it home...which is when the pooping began. 



Playtime again.







Andy and Trick (our black cats) are a little suspicious and are dreaming about duck for dinner. 




The next day they had free run but they didn't go far and seem to love their new home.  



Bennet sitting guard. 



I introduced them to the pond and they loved it! They took a little bath and drink and then headed back up to the house. No real swimming just yet as I guess they are not that comfortable with it. I saw a few heads popping up here and there as they made their journey back.   Can you find them?





My stud muffin posing for a portrait while we were taking pics of the ducks. 



Another visit to the pond and once again they're on their journey back home. 



After a week of slow introduction, the cats love them and follow them everywhere. They were playing hide and seek in the tall grass.  They seem to get along well.



Home  Estate #2. They have pooped it up like crazy but love their enclosed porch and above ground (x- cat litter box) pond. 


Soon they will be roaming the entire Farm. If I know me...I'll be building them a duck dorm out by the pond so they have a place to relax and POOP...and so I'll have something else to do with my time! I have been pretty bored lately ...ha! Our duck stories will continue...


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails