Photobucket

June 22, 2012

Callaway 5 - The End!


Friday was the last day of camp for the girls and they had a little show for us that morning. They sang songs...of which are still be sung and goes something like this...row row row your boat gently down the stream...throw your counselors overboard and listen to them scream...and on and on. It's a cute song but not after you wake up at 3am and you're singing it in your sleep. I don't even know what the radio station or regular music sounds like anymore because we also have a Bible School CD that we "religiously" listen to as soon as we get in the car. The girls say...Mom, Radio Up, Windows Down...and they jam out. Anyone else that went to the Bible School knows what we're listening to when we cruise town because they windows are down and the girls are doing the hand motions. 

So anyway, here they are singing with the friends they made at camp. 






Holding up their awards. 



Adde's was understood (Most Artistic because she was always coloring and doing crafts), however Clare's was totally OFF! Man she had those counselors fooled...she got the Sweetie Pie award. That toot? It's hanging on her door and she is reminded of it daily! 




A few of their counselors.



After camp drop off, Daddy headed to the golf course and I headed out on an adventure with Bennet. I had already ran the Camp 5K that morning so we just took a long stroll over the hills and through the woods.  We picked the girls up from camp that afternoon and did a little tie dying. It was fun but messy of course. I had to clorox the girls shoes when we got home because they had dye everywhere.




Adde hard at work. 



Clare just squeezing the bottle! Guess we need to take a picture in our finished products.




I kept missing the water ski times earlier in the week so finally made time for it Friday afternoon. 

I have't skied in probably 10 years. Sad but true and I was so excited that I picked it right back up!


Remind me next time to wear a bathing suit more appropriate for skiing. I pretty much lost my bottoms every time I got up and lost my top every time I ate it (which was only when I was trying to slalom). ;)




William picked it right back up too and kicked off one ski to slalom like it was yesterday. I had a little more trouble and just couldn't seem to get down to one ski this time. 



We skied together for the first time :)






We attempted to do a trick where he pulled up and I crossed over but we were still a little rusty. 



Pops and Lil Man watching!




Looks like I may be on one ski here but one second later I hit the water. You can see my leg dangling trying to catch my balance.




I've done it before but just couldn't balance this time. My sweet hubby was trying to assist. 







A little cut action!




Gams and Lil Man...with a big ole diaper!




The girls loved watching us!



Friday evening they had another circus performance and a little awards ceremony.  Adde got a t-shrit and box FULL of flies (for fly fishing) for catching the most fish and Clare got a t-shirt for catching the biggest fish at the kids tourney earlier in the week. What no one knew is that we were the only ones that showed up so we took home the prizes! William got to know the fishing guide at the camp pretty well so he knew when he gave the flies to Adde that they were going straight to Daddy. It was about $80 worth of flies. Pretty cool. 

The girls accepting their awards...and I got a tshrit too for tying for the win in the 5K. What no one knew is that there were only two females in the 30 age group and since we talked to each other the entire run, we crossed the finish line at the same time. Whoohooo.   



A glimpse of the Knife Throwing stunt.



 I can't remember if I shared anything about the Flying High Circus in the previous post, but it is put on by Florida State University and is an extra curricular activity under FSU's Division of Student Affairs. It is one of two such collegiate circuses in the US and has been in residence at Callaway Gardens every summer since 1961. The top performers in the Circus are invited to perform during the summer at the Camp and some of the performers also work as camp counselors. It was a neat bonus to the resort. 



This guy was really sweet and loved playing with the girls and Bennet during the week. Bennet loved playing with him too but not this time!



The Ring Master was also super nice and he's the one that helped me test out the Trapeze earlier in the week. 




Our last family pic minus Kak & Josh. They dashed out of the circus and headed back to the cottage to pack. We checked out Saturday morning, loaded up, drove back to Atlanta and caught a plane home...and sang Camp songs the entire time of course. 



THE END. YEA!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails