Photobucket

April 30, 2012

A Flamingo Luau


My family hosted a Luau with a Flamingo Flare wedding shower on Saturday here at our house. 


Invitation by Yours Truly.



The honorees!



Do you think we could have taken it any further? They were great sports! This is the wedding in July that Adde & Clare will have their second round of flower girl fandango. 



A few pics of the decor...you can't go wrong with pineapples, flamingos and lots of color!  It's crazy how much flamingo stuff is out there when you really start looking. If you're looking for a dollar store party, theme it Flamingo Fandango and hit it up! They are EVERYWHERE you look. I didn't get pics, but we had them in the yard, wine glasses, stuffed ones, wind socks, sunglasses, paper goods, lights...you name it!






My yummy cheese ball...thanks to pinterest!



My umbrella wreath...also thanks to pinterest.





Mom of the Groom and my handsome little man just waking up!



Ok, I'm awake...look at me!



No thank you, I don't need a lei.



Hula Hoop contest! Oh you can see the flamingos in the yard behind them. And...the girls just happen to have flamingo monogrammed dresses from last summer that I had made for a Key West wedding. 




The cooks..well the meat cooks pulling a little pork. Love the apron Uncle D. We had a feast of pork butts cooked in the La Caja China box, grandma's baked beans, PW's mac & cheese,  cole slaw...and PW's pineapple upside down cake, our infamous cheesecake and Aunt Cutie's choc chip cookies for dessert! It was delish!



Sweet Adde, the only one that would pose.




Adde in her flamingos with Miss Shelby! 




Gift time!




My grandma and her kids! What a great picture!




I really wanted more pictures...especially with the hostesses and the bride and grooms fam...but as a host and kids being needy, this is all I got! I'll try to conquer it better next time. We so so so look forward to the Rehearsal and Wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Great party! I've been using pinterest for a shower I'm planning. Fabulous resource!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails