Good ole Poppa turned 60 and we celebrated! It started last Wednesday with a family dinner at our house and ended with a surprise party on Saturday at his house.
William and Derrick grilling our scrumptious and HUGE porterhouse steaks! Yum!
Our meal...minus the spider. I haven't quite learned how to use my new lens and I blurred the best part...the steak and potato!
On Saturday we had some of my dad's best friends take him out for a day of golf so we could decorate and setup and arranged for him to return home to a party. If you know my dad, he is one to throw a party so this was somewhat difficult to make a total surprise. He didn't know when, where or how, but I know suspected something because he didn't attempt to plan himself and just sat back and I'm sure hoped for something to happen. Well if you know me, it happened. I threw him a party comparable to what he would have done. We had a live jazz band, brick oven pizzas, a full bar, nice decor, and most of all GREAT friends and family.
The invite...based on the song Ain't No Mountain High Enough.
The place...
The table decorations consisted of something that represented one of his hobbies..in a comical way!
His powered parachute.
His red car.
His love for cooking and the menu from his old restaurant Hard Times.
His boats.
His new love for skiing.
His golf clubs.
His horses and guns for when he plays cowboys and indians.
And some old pics of course.
The couple I hired to make the pizza's. They did a fabulous job and if you are looking for a great pizza place in Rockport, call Euro Pizza, they will deliver to your door or cater your private party.
My beautiful sis and her great looking fam!
Me and my beau.
Our wonderful band Collector's Item! We only had 3 pieces, but they do up to 7. I bet they sound amazing!
The birthday boy saying Thank You!
Anna singing him Happy Birthday in Vietnamese.
Making a wish over his delicious Banana's Foster Cake made by Jennifer Massie.
Dancing with his 86 year old mother who I think danced more than I did! Go Gma!
Happy Birthday Poppa! Hope it was all you wished for!












WOW! Looks like Poppa has some pretty special people in his life to set up such a celebration! It looked amazing! I've been meaning to email you for a week now - I have some questions for ya!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Happy Birthday to your Dad!!! I've only been around him a few times over the years, but every time he has been nothing nice and seems like a great guy! And, he was super super sweet to my kids at the girls BDay party! :)
ReplyDelete-Dory