It was a big weekend down here in the south and Daddy and the Girls have been looking forward to it for a while. It was Opening Dove Season and the girls can already spot a dove. They tell Daddy every time they see them fly..."Let's shoot em!" Not sure how I feel about that. I enjoy hunting as well...but not necessarily mad at them, I just enjoy the sport.
Gams & Pops came down for the big weekend to see us and help out with all the kiddos since it was going to be a busy weekend.
The weekend started off with Daddy giving the girls their own BB gun! Gams was not happy about this, but the girls loved it. Daddy taught them all the rules and it will only come out when Daddy gets it out and he is by their side.
Adde shooting at a can.
Clare looks like a natural. Yikes...and how about those two fingers on the trigger?
Clare wrestling with Pops.
Daddy and Pops hunted Friday and then took the girls out to hunt Saturday morning. They were super excited to be out with the guys..and so was Mommy! The rule is that Daddy can hunt whenever he wishes if he has 2 of the 3 children in tow.
After the Saturday morning hunt, we headed to the Annual Dove Hunt Brunch. This is one of my favorite events of the year because the smorgasbord of homemade brunch dishes are DELICIOUS and I love trying all of them.
Mommy and her friends!
The girls having a little brunch with Daddy...Bennet was left at home with Gams & Pops.
There is a great group of kids there and this year they had a bouncy house to play on!
The girls with Owen...not sure what they were doing in the back of the house with a gun, but I had my eye on them.
Painting beautiful pictures.
A little fun on the stairs.
We headed home for a nap after the brunch and then spent some time with Gams & Pops around the house.
Clare running from the paparazzi.
Sweet Clare and her Gams!
Adde doing her chores...posing for the paparazzi.
A little spontaneous backyard dove hunting Saturday evening. Mommy even got in on this one.
Adde guarding her dead bird while holding her ears for the gun shots. I think she got a little confused when I told her to put on her camo boots? Not quite camo, but she does look pretty cute!
Both girls proud of their Daddy's kill... I know a little bittersweet. Little did they know the cats liked them too. They put them down for a moment when they went to get something and they came back to just feathers. Each were heartbroken when realizing the cats just had a free lunch...although they deserve it because they work pretty hard for their food.
After a big morning and afternoon, Mommy & Daddy were luckily enough to sneak away for a night out with our friends to see the Spazmatics. It was a great time and a much needed weekend for Mommy. A big THANK YOU to Gams and Pops for making it possible.
My sweet friends.
Goodbye Gams & Pops. We all love you! (I think this may be the first pic with all 3 of your grandchildren) Love it!











Looks fun! Love their little camo overalls!
ReplyDeleteDove hunting!! My favorite! A&A would be jealous of those BB guns! A&C always have the cutest camo - that's so important ;)
ReplyDelete