~A update from Mommy
We’ve hit a few milestones lately that are slowly, but surely signs of my girls growing up. I have completely mixed emotions as I’m an overachiever and love that my toddlers are putting the ‘baby’ days behind them, yet I would love for them to still be babies. Adde & Clare have almost conquered using the potty, have totally conquered the daunting task of throwing away their broken paci’s and are now sleeping in semi-big girl beds. Adde is pretty much 100% a potty user, however Clare is a little more stubborn and likes the ease of just going as soon as she needs to. I could have called this from the beginning as Adde is just like me…and Clare is EXACTLY like her daddy. Not sure what that means in regards to potty training, but I’ll leave that up to you to make the association. This topic is one that just amazes me and deserves a post in itself. I’ll promise that to you.
Back to our advances… The potty training has been interesting, exhausting, gruesome, yet rewarding. It is what it is..no need to explain any more.
The girls have red -handedly thrown away their paci’s. I cut the tips off and showed them while explaining they were broken. I asked what you do with broken things and they said ‘trash’ and tossed them in. Being the brilliant girls they are, they didn’t even try to suck them and threw them away. Actually, they probably assumed their always providing mother was going to get them new ones. Wrong! It’s been a challenge, but the best part about it is that they rarely ask for them and they know exactly what happened to them. It has been a transition for William and I because they loved loved loved nap time and bed time and now it’s a little more of a struggle to get them to ‘want’ to go to bed. We’ve had a couple days, luckily not in a row and no consistencies where they do not want a nap and cry before falling asleep at night. If you know Adde & Clare, they have been very willing sleepers…up until now. I question myself…why did I take away a good thing? In case I didn’t mention it, they only used paci’s at nap and bedtime. I’m sure some of you would tell me it is totally worth it and I must admit it wasn’t near as tragic as I anticipated.
Then, to throw more on their plate, we turned their cribs into big girl beds. This was our idea of making their beds more attractive to them…and it worked, but still not fans of naps. The love their new beds and show everyone that comes over, however they love a pallet on Mommy & Daddy’s floor even more for their afternoon naps. Whatever works!
Here’s Miss Adde making her new bed.
Just a pic of their room.
They love to go visit each other now that they can get in and out.
Miss Adde cooperating for Mommy!
Clare’s & Adde’s 27 month stats & favs
- Clare 30 lbs – Adde 28lbs
- wear 2T-3T clothes
- wear size 7-8 shoes
- sleep from 8:30 to 7 ish
- take an hour or so nap
- love to talk and uses 3-4 word sentences
- love to give hugs and kisses
- love to read books, do puzzles and play with dolls
- do not share very well
- no more paci’s
- go potty on the potty 85% of the time (Adde more like 90%)
- terrible in church – they sit for about 2 minutes and then up and down and all around
- love to talk on the phone and will run with it if you hand it to them
- love CANDY and want a piece every time they potty or do something good
- not big chicken eaters, but love steak and pots – just like their Mommy
- eat very well if not distracted
- love shoes
- love Mommy’s accessories
- drink from cups at meal time
- sit at the table for meal time, occasionally sit in their high chairs
- Clare is a HUGE daddy’s girl…just when he’s around though, she falls for mommy when he’s gone ;)
- they are very observant and notice everything Mommy and Daddy do…later you will catch them doing it
- they like to play hide and seek and act like Cookie Monster is going to get them
- they love love love all of our family and get so very excited to know when they are coming over
- they always list everyone’s name in the family and then go through their friends names – here is a pretty comical video of them chatting with daddy and towards the end you will get a laugh of Daddy asking them who their boyfriend is…they usually say ‘Daddy’ but not this time and he keeps asking trying to get them to say it
I could go on for days…more to come later.

I didn't even know your girls used paci's! I'm so anxious to chat with you about those toddler beds! Everyone keeps telling me to stick with the tents, but they can't sleep in them forever!
ReplyDeleteLove the video! They are talking so well and are so darn cute!
So cute!!! They are talking so well and so smart, Congrats of the paci's and big girl beds.
ReplyDeleteOh my I have been behind in the whole blog world..WOW, what changes your girls have been through!!! Wow they are getting so big! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete