Photobucket

July 6, 2010

Our 4th of July Weekend…

A post from Mommy~

We have stayed pretty busy this summer with both work and play. Work a little than play a little is our motto and we’ve actually been working a lot and playing a lot! We are out and about most weekends and don’t have a problem trying to find things to do. William and I have traveled twinless quite a bit this summer so we plan to take the girls to some fun places over the next couple of months…to eliminate our guilt :). I’ve been acting like it’s not approaching, but their 2nd birthday is less than a month away and plans are underway for that. The girls are growing way too fast, as I’m sure all you mother’s can relate, and they surprise me everyday with the things they do and say.

Here’s a little update ….

*They repeat EVERY word you say, you may not understand, but Mommy & Daddy can usually interpret

*They say Please and Thank You…and Love You

*They know and say everyone’s name in the family, plus a few friends. You will often hear Clare just going through the names…

*They recognize the cars people drive and know places we go to

*They eat pretty much by themselves and are good eaters…unless they are distracted or entertained by something else, which is often!

*They are big helpers around the  house…and big destroyers! (They are sweeping as I type…go girls)

*They are very independent

*They have different personalities, but often switch and not one child has one specific personality

*I would say great sleepers. They go to bed (on their own…we just lay them down) around 8:30 and wake up 7:30/8am and take one 1-2 hour nap

*They love their paci’s…but only allowed to have them in their crib at nap and nite nite time

*They like to color and do puzzles

*They fight like sisters…pull hair, push, steal things from each other, etc…

*They have a lot of love for:  SHOES, ACCESSORIES, FRUIT, MILK-EE, MONK (monkey doll), BUCKLES, giving the dog TREATS, POPSICLES, CHIPS, OUTSIDE, and lots of other things I know I can’t think of!

*They are very very healthy and (knock on wood) have never been to the doc other than their regular check-ups.

*I’ll post weight and height next month after their 2 year appointment.

_____________________________________________________________

We went down to our bay house for the 4th of July weekend!

Here are the girls, Daddy and Poppa playing in the little pool aka fountain at our friends house.

2010-07-03 002

 

They are ready to go for a swim. We’re still trying to find the right flotation device, but these seem to be the best and the girls are learning how to kick and stay a float with them.

2010-07-03 003

 

Adde helping herself to OUR appetizer.

2010-07-03 006 

 

The girls in one of their 4th of July outfits at our party on Saturday night. This is the best picture I could get with all the entertainment around. We had a band play for the party and I thought they would love the music…but all they wanted to do…

2010-07-03 011 

 

…was climb up and down the stairs! What is it about stairs? I guess the good thing is now that I have let them climb up and down enough, they have mastered the stairs and I don’t have to freak out when I see them heading that direction. Did I mention INDEPENDENT?

2010-07-03 018 

2010-07-03 022 

 

The sweaty Fam! Boy it was hot!

2010-07-03 023 

 

The girls first experience with water balloons.

2010-07-04 002 

 

They sure thought they were cool and fun to play with.

2010-07-04 004 

 

2010-07-04 006 

 

2010-07-04 012 

 

…and fun to bite.

2010-07-04 014 

 

until it popped and soak them with water! It looks like Adde was crying, but she just got water all over her face…

2010-07-04 018 

 

On to the next party on the night of July 4th. We went to another friends house to watch fireworks.  Adde loved every minute of them and we just called out the colors of the fireworks to keep them entertained. Clare immediately told Daddy to take her "Inside Inside Inside”. She went in for a minute and then came back out and was fine…not a big fan, but okay with it.

Here’s Daddy with his girls…and his Mr. Mom bag on his back! You can only see one head, but they are both on his lap…this would have been a great pic if you could see both heads. What a great great great Daddy!!!!!

2010-07-04 030 

 

Tired tired Clare and tired tired tired me…

2010-07-04 026 

 

Tired tired Adde wanting to go nite nite on the porch.

2010-07-04 028 

 

Monday morning after a lot of partying. Smiling faces…good to go!

2010-07-04 034 

 

Sweet Adde…

2010-07-04 035\

 

Sweet Clare…

2010-07-04 042 

We hope you all had a Happy 4th!

4 comments:

  1. Brit, they're sooo cute! Can't believe how big they're getting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. PARTY PARTY PARTY, you girls are the bomb and Gams and I look forward to seeing you really soon. Bring your floating stuff so we can get in the pool and I will be sure to get snacks (ice cream, popsicles, cake, candy, crackers, and lots of vegetables, well maybe not so many vegetables but some for sure, like watermelon, cantelope, and grapes. We'll tell mommy that those are vegetables to go with our chicken and steak. XOXO Pops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as EVER! They seem so grown up! Looks like y'all had a fantastic 4th! And looks like they have an awesome Pops (refering to his comment above!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like y'all had a great 4th! They are so cute - I always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails