Photobucket

February 15, 2010

18 month update from Mommy

I keep letting these milestones fly by and it’s weeks later before I realize they were here. The girls turned 18 months on the 3rd of February and here we are on the 15th and I can’t believe it was here and gone. I watched our blog hits rapidly grow over the past year and planned to post about 10,000 visitors and now we’re 413 hits past and once again…it was here and gone! Thanks to all of you nosey blog readers who keep it rolling and have such interest in our little miracles.

The girls had their 18 month check up last week and everything was great…except for a very unexpected slap across the face Clare received by a little boy going in to see the doctor. It was just totally appalling. Just about 3 minutes after we walked in, the girls still motionless trying to figure out their surroundings, out walks the nurse and calls this little 2 year old boy in and his mother stands up and puts him down on the ground to walk into the office and he walks over totally emotionless and slaps Clare across the face. It was just heart wrenching. We do our fair share of slaps, hits and bites, but usually, if not always, for good reason. This was for no reason at all and dropped every other parent’s mouth to the ground. Anyway, she was absolutely fine and just had her feelings hurt. Our doctor told us that the little boy got in trouble by his doctor…well that he talked to his mother about time out. Then Clare told our doctor to tell his doctor to sneak a few useless shots in to the heiny of that little brat!

Well, they have stayed beautifully in their curve and maintained almost the exact distance on their stats since about 3 months old.

Clare: 23 lbs 15 oz – 50%   *   32 3/8” tall – 75%

Adde: 22 lbs 7 oz – 25%     *   32 7/8” tall  - 75%

Since this is a post from Mommy, I’ll share a few pictures from a perfect weekend getaway at a friends ranch in the Texas hill country with the guy I thank God everyday for…my hubby! Adde & Clare were partying it up here at home with their Gams & Pops!

A local black buck welcomes us to the ranch…2010-02-12 001

My hubby taking a look off the balcony…yes with a beer and a gun. Yikes. He’s harmless, I promise! 2010-02-12 007

Practicing my photography! Wow, what a great place to practice. 2010-02-12 017

2010-02-12 019

A view from the house…unbelievable!2010-02-13 003

Posing with some fabulous scenery while on a morning venture…yes I’m still in my pajamas and it was WONDERFUL! 2010-02-13 018

Taking a look at the river while on a very adventurous  jeep ride!2010-02-13 031

The exotics were beautiful. Here is Mr. Zebra with a couple of Water Bucks in the background. 2010-02-13 057

The weather and company were great and we hope each of you had a Happy Valentine’s Day! Thank you Adde & Clare for kicking us out so you could play with Gams & Pops for the weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures. Looking at the wildlife, the beer and the gun I almost feel like I'm back in Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he hit her! Crazy! Glad she is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you and William had a fun weekend. I can't believe the girls are already 18 months. They are growing fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls, you just tell Gams and Pops who that mean little boy is and we will go get him. We will make him wish he never touched you Clare.... more than time out is what he deserves.
    Had such fun chasing you girls this weekend at the Marek's house. It is a beautiful ranch, despite the fact that we had no adult conversation, nothing to eat or drink BECAUSE we were chasing two adorable little girls around the ranch!!!!!! We loved every minute of it and hope to see you both very soon.
    xxoo
    gams

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you very much. Your Dad was by here last night but didn't get to tell him about horses at the ranch since it was very late and he was tired. I think now that you know how to touch them and giggle that Dad should build a pen and put up a fence so that when we get a horsey he doesen't have to chase it all over the county every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pops, you're crazy...just crazy! they actually told us the horses scared them. now would you want your little girls to be scared? nope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girls, I have been thinking this slapping thing over and I believe there is a solution, however you will have to ask mommy and daddy if they wouldn't mind. I was thinking that if you had a brother or two living with you that they could haul off and knock the stuffing out of any other boy or boys that even thought about getting rough with you. Besides when the brother or brothers grew up they could saddle the horses, cut the grass, weed the garden, and build the forts. You on the other hand should/could be more attentive to cheerleading, dance, science, math, and debutante things....xoxo and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you...

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails