We made it through another blessed Christmas. It was busy as usually but filled with fun, family and presents of course. In order to keep up with the tradition of our funny (or attempted to be funny) Christmas card I spent a couple days in deep thought. With help from one of my Great Photographer friends, Jenna Hooker, I put together our 2013 card. I had the idea and she captured the pictures. The pictures turned out great as everyone was looking with a little grin and I just loved the bright colors. Too bad it was a total Christmas picture because I would have blown it up and hung this baby on the mantle. I did have a big canvas made, but guess I'll just have to bust it out every Christmas Season.
Merry Christmas!
The kids were good and St. Nick showed up with a little stocking full of goodies. Not sure what happen to pics of Adde & Clare or maybe I didn't catch any since we had to open and hustle to school. Here is Bennet happy as can be with his surprise.
Another tradition is always joining Santa and Mrs. Claus for breakfast and getting that tragic pictures. Check out the pictures from the beginning. Man we must be terrible parents to force these kids to sit with Santa. Actually now we go just so we can continue to get a hilarious picture...or so we think it's hilarious. I have a good feeling next year just may be the year for a great picture. Maybe?
2008
Girls were too delicate to introduce to Santa and we were confined to our home until flu season was over ;(
2009
2010
2011
2012
2013
Well at least they have fun playing games and of course that's always a bribe but from the looks on their faces in the above pics you can obviously tell no bribes worked!
Finally all smiles!
Girls got to dance at the Christmas Mall and they loved it! It was a little tough to take pics as I had Bennet in one arm and I think forgot my camera so used the iPhone.
We put together a GOOD GIRL point chart and if they could earn 20 points, we promised them a trip to see the Nutcracker. Well yes they got to see the Nutcracker but pretty sure if my memory is correct, we gave in (AS USUAL) and let them basically buy the last 8 points or so. Don't shake your head as I'm sure you've all been there done that. Man I try to be so strong and stick to my guns but never fails and I cave. So...here we are!
Dinner before the show at Maggiano's.
We lost Daddy somewhere parking the car.
Then we found him.
Getting the girls to take pictures with these characters was a little tough so here is Mom and Dad.
Clare took one for the team and hopped in.
They loved the performance and William and I actually did too. We've been plenty of times and I think I remember falling asleep the last time I went. Not sure what was different this time if it was the excitement we felt for taking the girls or if it was a more entertaining cast, but it was a good time!
And another Christmas event... dinner with Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Country. Man they get around!
They even got to decorate cookies with Santa.
Of course lots of questions were asked and stories told. Santa was on the ball though!
The crew that corrupted the Country Club that night! Oops!
Ok more Christmas posts to come.














No comments:
Post a Comment
We love to hear from you...