Yes, 13 months and making progress like you wouldn’t believe! Everyday I thank God for our little miracles! For all of you that don’t know or don’t remember, our girls were born 2 1/2 months early at 28 weeks only weighing 2.5 lbs each. I had twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome and Baby A(Addelin) was taking from Baby B(Anaclare) and after two decompressions (drainings) of my amniotic fluid around Baby A, I was wheeled directly in for a C-Section. It’s just amazing how God works because my entire family just happen to be at the hospital to visit me in lieu of a baby shower that was cancelled since I was in the hospital. I could go on for hours, but that’s the short story. To look back and think back to that day seems like forever ago. I just can’t describe the feeling that I have each day when I watch Adde & Clare and see just how great they are considering such premature births. They truly are an inspiration! Clare weighs 20 pounds and Adde 19 pounds. They are both 30” long. Clare will be walking any day and Adde is right behind…although taking her time as usual. I’m not sure if I have mentioned it previously, but my girls have never crawled using their hands and knees, but on their hands and feet…imitating monkeys to the max and can move faster than you would believe. We ditched the bottle and formula at 12 months and drink milk from the sippy at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Throughout the day they sip on wine…I mean water and hit the sack at 8pm, waking up around 7:30…8am if I’m lucky. They eat all table food and will eat all day long if they could. What else…they love to laugh, scream, clap, whistle (using a whistle) and hate diaper changes… Even though there are two of them…they are bored here at home and love to be outside or shopping/perusing the stores with Mommy. People think I’m crazy for taking them with me, but it’s much better than being stuck in the house listening to them scream.
Here are a few pictures of our birth…so you can see what itzy bitzy angels look like and some pictures from this week to recap how far we’ve come. Happy Labor Day…
Adde & Clare 2 days after their birth…
Add & Clare 10 days after their birth…
Adde & Clare going home…7 weeks after their birth…little fatties.
Adde & Clare fighting over their 1 year birthday balloon. Clare with mouth open….
Clare’s cheap sunglasses…from her boyfriend Jake…good thing she’s too young to know brands. Nemo will only work for a couple of years!
Clare, once again, trying to sneak away with Mommy to work…
Where was Adde while Clare was stealing the spot light? Oh, here she is…pouting because her glasses broke from their two-timing boyfriend Jake….

Happy birthday girls! Great post, Britni!
ReplyDeleteAnd what TINY little miracles they were (and fashionable!) It was good to hear your success story! And it's great to see where our girls will be in 6 months! Can't wait to hear about them walking!! And I'd love to see a video of the monkey crawl!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to believe how far they've come but I never doubted it for a sec. You've got a couple of fighters. I LOVE the pics!! Jake says sorry about the sunglasses and he'll make it up to them (wink, wink).
ReplyDelete13 months, I know it just flew by for you. They are too cute, and we had fun at the play date today! Great meeting you all.
ReplyDeleteMy sweet big girls...... it has been 13 months already and what beauty queens you are!!! Oh, I forget, daddies debs.....
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until I see you again soon. I am so thankful mommy does such a spectacular job on the website. I love and miss you all.
Girls, you are a confirmation that life is grand. Your Mommy is so talented and gifted. Your Daddy is really smart and a good character. I just know you will drive them crazy, make them laugh, and love them dearly (unitl you are about 12and then again at about 20). I look forward to your hugs and kisses and pulling the wagon.
ReplyDelete